You could thoroughly spoil your mother with a BLOOMING Love Martini, which has been specially created by The Head Mixologist Deena Versanszki, at Pennethorne's Bar, Somerset House, London WC2R 1LR. Telephone: 020 3751 0570
Treat your mother like a Queen for the day with Greenall's Queen's Tipple which was created last year to celebrate the Queen's 90th birthday
- Pour 30ml Greenall's Gin and 60ml Dubonnet into a mixing glass with ice cubes and stir well.
- Strain into a chilled glass, add the lemon slice and top with two ice cubes. A perfect aperitif whilst you prepare a spoiling Sunday lunch.
Another delicious cocktail you could give your Mother to thank for all her hard work is Thomas Dakin's The Bee's Knees, which has been created to celebrate Thomas Dakin's home of Manchester. The bee is the emblem of Manchester and was a symbol of hard work during the Industrial Revolution - and as we know all Mothers work very hard!
- Add ice to a shaker stir 2 teaspoons of honey with 35ml of Thomas Dakin Gin until it has dissolved.
- Add 25ml of lemon juice, shake or stir and strain into a Martini glass. Garnish with a thin orange wheel float - heavenly!
At the end of the day you could serve a luxurious Feeney's Irish Coffee:
- Heat gently 100ml Feeney's Irish Cream Liqueur with 1 cup of freshly brewed coffee.
- Pour into a toddy glass and top with 1 teaspoon of whipped cream and chocolate shavings.