Ingredients (serves 2)
- 300g lambs mince
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 red chili, finely diced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 tsp fresh mint, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tbsp soured cream
- 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
- Add the mince, half of the chili, half of the onion and the mint, along with the cumin and coriander to a bowl along with a little salt and pepper, Using your hands, mix everything together. With wet hands, roll out your mix to create twelve little sausage shapes, or meatballs.
- Place the koftas into a heated frying pan. Turn the koftas occasionally, ensuring that they are browned all over.
- Meanwhile, heat a saucepan then add a little oil, the rest of the onion and chili, and the garlic and cook through for a few minutes before adding the chopped tomatoes. Bring to the boil then remove from the heat. Stir in the soured cream before pouring the sauce over the koftas in the frying pan.
- Cook the koftas for a further 6-8 minutes, making sure that the lamb is cooked all the way through.
Dinner was full of flavour and on the table in just under 30 minutes, therefore ticking the three boxes of quick, easy and tasty, and guaranteeing that they will make a return to Gerry's kitchen in the coming weeks.