Ingredients (serves 2)
- 250g minced beef
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 Oxo cube
- 1/2 tsp Unami paste
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 slice mature cheddar, thickly cut
- Put all of the ingredient in a bowl and mix until well combined. Season with a little black pepper. You shouldn't need salt as the oyster sauce will do a job here.
- Divide the mixture into four and shape into individual patties. Place a half slice of the cheddar onto two of the patties before covering with the other two. Pinch the beef together to seal the cheese in the middle.
- Heat a little oil in an ovenproof frying pan and once the oil is hot, carefully place the patties into the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes on one side before turning then place the pan in a preheated oven 190C for a further 5-6 minutes.
|8oz homemade burgers|