- 300g cod fillet (you can replace the cod with any other firm fish)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thinly,
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 100g new potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 small chorizo, cut into small cubes
- 50ml white wine
- 50ml chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 tsp umami paste
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 x 400g tin butter beans, drained
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- small handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat some olive oil in a heated pan before adding the chorizo and cooking for a couple of minutes. When the oil starts to colour from the chorizo, add the onion, pepper, potato and garlic and cook for a further 3-4 minutes before adding the wine to the pan.
- Once the wine has reduced by half, add the smoked & hot smoked paprika and butter beans to the pan. Cook for a further few minutes before adding the chopped tomatoes, umami paste and chicken stock. Stir everything together and cook for another 3-4 minutes. At this point you might want to check for seasoning, before the pan is placed into the oven.
- Add the frozen peas into the stew before placing the seasoned cod fillets on top of the contents of the pan. Cover the pan with a lid or some tin foil before placing into a preheated oven 150C for 10-12 minutes.
- After this time, the cod should have cooked through. Gently remove the pieces of fish from the pan before stirring through the chopped parsley.
The ingredients that I have listed for the stew would easily feed four people, simply buy a little extra fish for your additional guests.
Quick and easy, tasty and healthy! What more do you need after a long and stressful workday?