London is bursting with craft brewers making sure that there are always plenty of unusually named beers vying for your attention.
Hibernation White IPA (ABV 5.2%) from Bear Hug Brewing.
- Bought at Whyte & Brown, Soho for £5.50
- Pours with a tight foamy head that hangs around until the end.
- This hybrid beer looks like a wheat beer with it's cloudy, pale hazy yellow appearance.
- Very citrusy on the nose with grapefruit and lemon fighting for your attention. Background floral notes are also evident.
- Medium to high carbonation.
- This is very easy to drink with almost champagne biscuity flavours yielding to lemon and grapefruit. Good bitterness leaving a clean dry finish.
I really liked this offering from Bear Hug Brewing and while it claims to be a hybrid of wheat beer and IPA, there is no mistaking that this is very obviously IPA in style. That said, Hibernation White IPA has all the characteristics that I like and I can't wait to get my hands on my next bottle.