Always on the lookout for quick and easy recipes, last week I spotted a recipe on the Facebook page of Olive Magazine that I decided to try out at home. All of the ingredients are things that I would normally have in the fridge and based on the end result, this will be a dish that I'll definitely be doing again soon.
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Large handful of coriander, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- To make the guacamole, scoop out the flesh of the avocado and add to a bowl with the crushed garlic, half the lime juice, half the chilli, and half the chopped coriander then mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper and when you're happy with the balance, chill in the fridge until needed.
- To make the marinade for the chicken, mix the olive oil, lime zest, and the remaining lime juice, chilli and coriander before blitzing in a food processor or with a hand blender.
- Cover the chicken breasts and set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle and once hot, add the marinated chicken breasts. Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
To serve, I kept it simple and accompanied the chicken with sautéed potatoes and the chilled guacamole. The chicken was wonderfully moist and full of flavour. My first attempt at guacamole was very good although it might be worth keeping an eye on the garlic!
You could serve this chicken up in so many way, perhaps with a salad and baked potato or why not load up a toasted brioche bun with salad, guacamole and a chargrilled piece of coriander, chilli and lime chicken?