These scrummy cocktails will help you to see in 2017 with style:
BLOOM Gin French 75
- 25ml BLOOM London Dry Gin
- 25ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 10ml sugar syrup (1 water : 2 sugar)
- top with good quality Prosecco or Champagne
Shake the first three ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled champagne flute. Top with bubbles and garnish with pretty edible flowers.
BLOOM London Dry Gin is available from: Sainsbury's, Waitrose, Asda, Morrisons and Ocado. RRP: £24.00 for 70cl ABV 40%
- 20ml Greenall's The Original London Dry Gin
- 20ml Campari Bitter
- 20ml Martini Rosso
Pour all the ingredients into an ice-filled glass and stir. Garnish with an orange twist.
Greenall's The Original London Dry Gin is available from: Waitrose, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury's and Master of Malt. RRP: £15.49 for 70cl. ABV 37.5%
The Classic Dubliner Whiskey Sour
- 50ml The Dubliner Irish Whiskey
- 20ml fresh lemon juice (juice of half a lemon)
- 15ml sugar syrup
- 1 dash of Angostura Bitters
Add ice to the cocktail shaker. Pour in The Dubliner Irish Whiskey, fresh lemon juice, sugar syrup and Angostura Bitters. Shake until the contents are cold. Strain into a glass over fresh ice. Garnish with a cherry and a lemon twist.
Stockists: 31Dover.com, Wine Rack and Spirited Wines. RRP: £22.50 for 70cl ABV 40%
The Dublin Liberties Oak Devil Irish Whiskey - Devil's Smash
- 50ml Dublin Liberties Oak Devil
- 2 wedges of lemon muddled
- 6-8 mint leaves
- 12.5ml honey syrup (1 part honey : 1 hot water to dissolve)
Muddle of the ingredients into a Collins Glass, fill up with crushed ice and garnish with a sprig of mint - a wicked cocktail!
Thomas Dakin - Tom and Mary (Red Snapper Style) - a great post-New Year pick me up!
- 50ml Thomas Dakin Gin
- 120ml tomato juice
- 15ml lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Worcester sauce
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco
- 1/2 tsp horseradish sauce
- 8 coriander leaves
- splash of orange juice
Combine and stir all the ingredients over ice. Serve in a chilled hi-ball glass and top with a splash of orange juice. Garnish with a sprig of coriander, stick of celery and grounded black pepper.