No one wants to find coal in their stocking at Christmas, unless of course it’s a bottle of Red ‘Cole’ (red cole is the 18th Century word for horseradish) infused Thomas Dakin Gin!
Thomas Dakin makes a great Christmas gift and even better cocktails. These festive recipes will infuse any party with Christmas cheer:
Thomas Dakin Negroni - Start your evening right with this classic cocktail, the perfect balance of sweet, bitter and herbal.
To make the Thomas Dakin Negroni at home, you will need:
- 30ml Thomas Dakin Gin
- 30ml Sweet Vermouth
- 30 ml Campari
- Combine Thomas Dakin Gin, Campari and Sweet Vermouth in a mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass, garnish with an orange peel.
Dakin’s Cosmopolitan - Dakin’s sophisticated twist on the iconic Cosmopolitan recipe is a harmonious blend of sweet, citrusy flavours. This exciting tipple will certainly please your guests.
To make Dakin’s Cosmopolitan at home, you will need:
- 35ml Thomas Dakin Gin
- 20ml Cointreau
- 1 teaspoon of marmalade
- 2 lime wedges squeezed
- 30ml cranberry juice
- A few drop of Peychaud or Angostura bitters (optional)
- Chill a large Martini glass with ice and remove.
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake hard with ice.
- While pouring into the glass, use a strainer to remove any bits from the marmalade.
- Garnish with an orange peel twist.
Dakin’s Red Snapper - Revive the weary the morning after with a Red Snapper cocktail (Dakin’s take on a Bloody Mary). Dakin's punchy savoury botanicals and a dash of spicy Tabasco make for the perfect post-party pick me up so the festivities can continue!
To make Dakin’s Red Snapper at home, you will need:
- 50ml Thomas Dakin Gin
- 120ml tomato juice
- 15ml lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Worcester Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon of horseradish sauce
- 8 coriander leaves
- Splash or orange juice
- Combine and stir all ingredients over ice.
- Serve in a chilled hi-ball glass.
- Top with a splash of orange juice.
- Garnish with sprig of coriander, stick of celery and ground black pepper.
A bottle of Thomas Dakin Gin makes a great gift for the man or woman in your life. Named after the forefather of English gin, the punchy savoury botanicals including red cole (horseradish) and English coriander give this gin a kick and the apothecary style bottle looks as good as the content tastes!